As we anticipated, President Ramaphosa announced some changes to lockdown regulations ahead of the Easter holiday. We’re still on level one, but here’s a quick recap of what you can and can’t do over the long weekend.
▪ Curfew remains 00:00 to 4:00am.
▪ Beaches, parks and dams are open provided all Covid-19 protocol is observed.
▪ Interprovincial travel is allowed, if crucial.
▪ The sale of alcohol for off-site consumption will be prohibited on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, but will be allowed on-site from restaurants, shebeens and bars up until 23:00.
▪ You won’t be allowed to travel with alcohol if you’re going to visit family and friends.
▪ Indoor gatherings are limited to 250 people or 50% of the venue’s capacity and the figure is 500 for outdoor gatherings.
With that in mind, enjoy the weekend and be safe. 🐣