At explain.co.za, we’re passionate about helping people understand the news. We create solutions-focused journalism, which inspires hope and action. Our agency division works with NGOs and corporates to create purpose-driven digital and communication strategies and campaigns.
The company now has an opportunity for a sales executive in the sales department for a person with an appetite for building new business in the digital space. We offer a competitive base salary with monthly uncapped commissions. In addition you will be taught the latest sales skills, negotiating tactics, closing techniques and a general mastery of sales.
You can apply via the application link at the bottom of this article. Be sure to read the full job description below first.
We are looking for a person with a diverse background in media, experience selling both traditional and digital advertising and an understanding of how to review market research data and develop proposals and recommendations for clients looking to use our platforms.
As a sales executive, your primary mission is to focus on developing new customers. In this business-to-business sales role, you will be responsible for generating your own leads but also have internal support from our editorial team. It will be a consultative sales role, and you will drive the relationship and sale from start to finish. You will identify opportunities, present these to decision makers and close new business.
- Generate and identify new sales opportunities using multiple outbound channels and strategies and assist the company’s management with sales meetings
- Develop a deep understanding of prospects objectives and challenges and deliver solutions against these elements
- Conduct a consistently high volume of client-facing demonstrations or discovery meetings with fully-qualified prospects with a minimum of six new business appointments per week.
- Build and manage an active pipeline through the sales cycle to deal close
- Internally partner with management, editorial, sales operations and delivery teams to collaborate and drive business
- Deliver against monthly sales targets and pipeline commitments
- Track all your activity in our CRM and related tools
- Continually develop your digital and media industry knowledge
Skills and Experience
- Any experience in a target-driven new business sales role – meeting and exceeding sales quota in a team-based environment
- Experience selling online digital advertising technologies will be highly advantageous
- Understands competitive selling against broadcast, audio, or niche ad tech platforms
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong phone sales, negotiation, communication, and presentation skills
- Must have some experience in a successful media consulting role
- History of achieving annual revenue targets
- Working knowledge of platforms such as Salesforce, Narrittive and programmatic platforms will be highly advantageous.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel
Extra stuff we like to see:
You are motivated and driven. You like taking on challenges, finding creative solutions, helping people and helping yourself. You have a sense of humour, you like to have fun – and you think on your feet!
Sound like you? Apply here.
4 March 2021 Now extended 7 March 2021.