At explain.co.za, we’re passionate about helping people understand the news. Now, you can join us on our mission.
We create solutions-focused journalism, which inspires hope and action.
Our agency division works with NGOs and corporates to create purpose-driven digital and communication strategies and campaigns.
Now, we’re looking for freshly-graduated interns or final year students to join our team.
The deadline is around the corner so hurry and apply now.
Deadline: 27 March 2021
We are looking for interns with academic backgrounds and an interest in the following areas:
- Journalism: writing and reporting
- Video editing
- Video animation
- Sales and business development (coupled with an interest in digital media)
Important: The criteria for applying is that…
- You must need work integrated learning (in-service training) in order to qualify for your diploma or degrees
- You must produce a letter from your tertiary institution indicating that you need 12 months’ work experience
- You will be based at an office in Johannesburg, and must be able to travel there daily. All Covid-related protocol will be observed.
You will receive a monthly stipend and get to work in a close-knit team with daily mentoring and coaching. You will give input on a variety of projects, stretching your creative muscle while receiving direction and feedback. You will also get the opportunity to create a portfolio for yourself. We have a flexible work environment and encourage you to take initiative and build your experience, while offering advice and feedback.
To apply, go here and fill in the form. Be sure to read the above first.