🔹 New music
Whether you’re into old school, rock, or hip hop, there’s something for everyone in 2021.
According to The Guardian, there will be a number of exciting new releases.
If you’re an old soul, you’ll be delighted to know that Stevie Wonder is releasing a new album in 2021 called “Through the Eyes of Wonder”, his first offering since 2005. If the two songs he released in 2020 are anything to go by, the album will be a reflection of the current political mood, with references to the Black Lives Matter movement likely to feature.
For the rockers in our midst, the Foo Fighters are releasing a 2021 album called “Medicine at Midnight”. It was reportedly recorded at a haunted house in California and the Foo’s frontman Dave Grohl has described it as… a party album.
If you’re into rap, Cardi B is hooking you up in 2021 with a new record, as yet untitled. Her single WAP was one of the biggest jams of 2020, and her debut album “Invasion of Privacy” was the longest charting album by a female rapper in US history. Cardi B reportedly says her new stuff has hints of Beyonce’s “Lemonade” in it. We can’t wait 😁.
🔹 What we’ll be watching in 2021:
- Fate: The Winx Saga: This live action series adaptation, based on the original cartoon, Winx Club, is due for release in January 🧚🏾♀️
- Blood and Water (Season 2): The successful South African Netflix series is set to return in 2021, and hopefully we’ll find out whether or not Fikile and Puleng are really sisters
- Coming 2 America: The long awaited sequel to the 1988 Coming to America comedy classic will make its way onto big screens in March
- The Bachelorette South Africa: Model Qiniso van Damme will be South Africa’s first bachelorette in February
- Black Widow: The blockbuster Marvel comic adaptation will be released in May
- The Handmaid’s Tale (Season 4): Covid-19 slowed down production on this long awaited next season, but the show is still expected to return in 2021
These briefs are from our 30 December 2020 edition of The Wrap. Read the rest of it here.
Like this? Sign up for our weekly updates to have The Wrap delivered to your phone or email here.