WhatsNews is an energetic start-up company behind the journalism platform explain.co.za and its digital agency division, Easy Digital.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to run our client campaigns through Easy Digital. The position is anchored to a primary campaign that concludes in December. The ideal candidate will have a deep appreciation of the content space – either as a journalist or at an agency. Both would be amazing. We are seeking someone with fantastic research and writing skills, who has the energy, common sense, and self-motivation to get to grips with whatever the job requires, be it running an event, a social media campaign, creating posters or editing content. We will provide training and resources where needed: what we are most interested in is someone with a can-do attitude and an obsession with quality and attention to detail.
Closing date: July 12 2020
July – December 2020 with strong possibility of contract renewal
- Client liaison
- Establish processes for client briefing, sign-offs and feedback
- Strategise campaigns, working with internal and external stakeholders
- Execute campaigns with limited help
- Compile post-campaign reports for external and internal use
- Run ongoing marketing for WhatsNews/explain itself
- Work closely with the rest of the WhatsNews staff, and its subsidiaries, for maximum impact across our products and platforms
- Relevant qualification preferred
- Over five years of experience in any of the following spaces:
- Marketing agencies
- Fantastic writing skills
- A visual sense: Design skills would be appreciated
- Experience operating across multiple social media platforms
- A close attention to details, quality and fact-checking
- Research competencies, to get you up to speed on a client’s particular area of focus
- Incredibly good communicator
- Works well independently and under pressure
If you believe are the right person for this role, we invite you to apply by completing the application below.